The following chart provides an estimate of the number of photos included in the listed data plan:
- The size of an actual photo or video will vary depending on the colors in the frame, day or night, as well as other factors. Scoutek and its partners help reduce the amount of data required by reducing the resolution of all photos prior to uploading. With Scoutek, you can always request to upload the high-resolution copy of photos if they still remain on the SD card. There is no additional charge for HD photos; however, the size of the HD photo will count towards the data plan.
- Videos are much larger in size and will use much more data than photos.
- Scoutek will monitor your active cameras data usage and notify you if you are at risk of going over your data plan.
- The overage rate of 0.15 per MB applies to all data plans.
- You can upgrade or downgrade your data plan at any time (except the very first or last day of the month) with no extra fees. If you upgrade to a larger plan, you will only be charged the difference in the price of the two data plans. If you downgrade to a smaller plan, you will be credited the difference in the price of the two data plans. This allows you to set your data plan after determining the amount of activity and expected data usage of your cameras.
For more information, view this video: Data Plans Explained